Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Did I just see Chewbacca?


No, I don't think Han Solo's dear co-pilot was hanging out where I was this past weekend, but I think I might have seen a few of his relatives. I spent Friday through Sunday up in the hills of Tennessee for the seventh annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. Bonnaroo – or "the Roo" as the cool kids call it – is now the standard-bearer for music festivals in this country.

Every year upwards of 80,000 people come to a huge 700-acre farm to hear some of the biggest acts in the world take the stage in a festival that features a lineup as diverse as it is lengthy. Where else could you see Metallica play alongside Kanye West, comedian Chris Rock and the bluegrass sounds of the Yonder Mountain String Band?

Click here to read the rest of the article.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: